Competition now closed- thank you for the entries!
If you have submitted a poster or animation, you should receive a confirmation of receipt from the YAS Office within 2 business days. If you haven’t recieved this, please get in touch via email at mmontondo@theRSE.org.uk.
The YAS Children’s Voice competition prizes are generously sponsored by CMS Scotland.
[The text below is the same as in the infographic above, for accessibility purposes]
Tomorrow… Reimagining our world!
The world is going through very challenging times! Climate change, Brexit, the Covid-19 pandemic, racism and the refugee crisis are just a few of the issues we hear about every day. But there are also lots of exciting new ideas, creations and opportunities which make it possible to imagine a brighter future.
Calling all children!
Every couple of years, the Young Academy of Scotland sets out five Grand Challenges to help us focus the work we do, building a future for everyone that is healthier, smarter, more equal and sustainable.
In our recent film Our Future Scotland, we asked lots of adults to share their ideas for the future with us. In 2021, we want YOU to help us decide what our next Grand Challenges should be.
“ You are the future! Will you share your dreams with us? What do you want Your Future Scotland to look like? What problems must we tackle? ”
Can you capture your vision on a digital poster or a short animation clip? You may use any technique you like (drawing, writing, collage, photography, video etc) to present your ideas and persuade us to select them as one of our next Grand Challenges.
Entries will be judged by a panel of Young Academy of Scotland members, and the winners in each age group will get a fantastic prize! The winners will also get the chance to contribute to a children’s version of the Our Future Scotland video.
Every poster that is submitted will be published in an online exhibition on the Young Academy of Scotland’s website, and we will use a selection of them to get people talking on social media about Grand Challenges of the future.
If you’re a child aged 8-14 living in Scotland, this competition is for you!
- creativity and originality of the proposed Grand Challenge
- impactful content and problem solving approach
- clarity of the presentation and communication of information
- Online exhibition and participation in the video “Our Future Scotland: Children’s voice”
- Raffle of prizes and books token
- The YAS Children’s Voice competition prizes are generously sponsored by CMS Scotland
A digital poster or short animation clip mixing visual and written content, using a variety of techniques (collage, drawing, photos, video…).
- The poster can be made on software such as powerpoint, photoshop, illustrator…;
- Alternatively, it can be a good photograph or scan of an A3 poster on paper.
- The poster will be sent to the panel as a high resolution .ppt .pdf, .jpg or .mp4 file
Please name the file with following naming convention: lastname_firstname_age_2020YASCompetition