The YAS spring plenary is on 17 April 2015, starting 10.30am at the Senate Room at the University of Glasgow.
LOCATION: Senate Room, University Building, University Avenue (same building as the Huntarian Museum). Building A10 on this map (pdf).
PARKING: The best place to park is the paid lot on the corner of Great George St and Lilybank Gardens.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT: Take the Subway from Queen Street Station (from Buchanan St Subway stop) to Hillhead. It’s a 10 minute walk from the Hillhead Subway stop to the Senate Room.
AGENDA: 2020 vision – YAS 5 year strategic framework
10.00 Arrival and Coffee
10.35 YAS Business
- Finance Update – Giles Hammond
- 2020 Strategy – Neil McLennan
11.00 Presentations Panel discussion – Building Strategy
- Professor Miles Padgett, Vice-Principal for Research (Research Strategy and Innovation Office) and Kelvin Chair of Natural Philosophy (Physics and Astronomy), University of Glasgow
- Alastair Maclean, Director of Corporate Governance, City of Edinburgh Council
- David Grevemburg, Chief Executive Officer, Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games
13.30 Working Group time
- 5 year strategic plan
15.00 Presentation from Steven Vass of The Conversation (theconversation.com)
15.15 Stefan Hild – “A Question for Europe”
15.20 Asif Ishaq & Jeffrey Murer “The Scottish Approach to Comm-unity”
15.30 Working Group time
- On-going work and projects or further discussion on strategy
- There will be an opportunity to move groups half way through.