Our senior academy, The Royal Society of Edinburgh, has today announced 80 newly elected Fellows. These new Fellows will join the RSE’s current roll of around 1,700 Fellows who are recognised as being some of the greatest thinkers, researchers and practitioners working in or with Scotland today.
We are delighted that two current YAS members are among them:
- Professor Wenxuan Hou, Professor and Chair in Corporate Finance, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Mhairi Stewart, Public Engagement Manager, Museum für Naturkunde
We are also delighted that seven YAS alumni are also being welcomed into the RSE as Fellows. They are:
- Professor Mirko Canevaro, Professor of Greek History, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Stella Chan, Charlie Waller Chair (Professor) in Evidence-based Psychological Treatment, University of Reading
- Professor Mirela Delibegovic, Dean for Industrial Engagement in Research & Knowledge Transfer, University of Aberdeen
- Professor Aileen Fyfe, Professor of Modern History, University of St Andrews
- Professor Sotiria Grek, Professor of European and Global Education Governance, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Helen Hastie, Professor of Computer Science, Heriot-Watt University
- Professor Christian Rutz, Professor of Biology, University of St Andrews
These new Fellows join 30 other YAS members and alumni who have previously been welcomed into the RSE. While YAS members do not automatically become Fellows, the increasing number of YAS members and alumni in the RSE Fellowship is testament to the excellence, drive, and creativity of our members. To be appointed RSE Fellows, these individuals have undergone rigorous assessment of their achievements, professional standing and the contribution they and their work make to wider society.
More information on the all new Fellows, including the YAS members being inducted this year can be found on the RSE website.