The Young Academy of Scotland’s parent organisation, The Royal Society of Edinburgh (RSE) is recruiting for the position of Events Officer to administer and organise the RSE programme of education activities for school-aged young people and support the delivery of events in the RSE’s wider events programme.
More specifically he/she shall:
• provide secretariat support to the RSE Committee which oversees the schools programme;
• co-ordinate the day-to-day running of the schools programme in liaison with delivery partners;
• market and publicise events;
• produce teaching resource packs;
• improve and develop new activities;
• identify new potential delivery partners.
The successful applicant will have previous experience in administering and organising science communication or cultural events, a passion and vision for communicating digitally and an understanding of the Scottish primary and secondary education system and curriculum.
For more information about this role and to download an application pack, visit the RSE Website.