Curious times call for curious minds. Our senior academy, the Royal Society of Edinburgh (RSE) launches its third summer events programme, Curious, a month-long series of online activity bringing together some of Scotland’s leading thinkers and practitioners, curated to make audiences question the world around us.
Take part in thought-provoking talks and quiz some of Scotland’s leading thinkers and practitioners. Quench your curiosity on a range of topics, including the future of energy demands, coastal communities, dealing with death, endometriosis, nanotechnology in healthcare, green aviation, video games, forensic science, and so much more.
Several of this year’s events involve YAS members and YAS projects, including:
- Curious Edinburgh, Self Guided Walking Tours, curated by YAS member Niki Vermeulen
- History is our playground (11am, 9 August), Video games and American history, (11am, 18 August) and Nostalgia and applied games (11am, 26 August) with YAS member Iain Donald
- Education in the post-Covid era, with YAS member Alice Konig and featuring the joint RSE-YAS Tertiary Education Futures project (1pm, 26 August)
- Coastal knowledge and Communities, with YAS members Dr Leslie Mabon, Dr Sandro Carnicelli, Dr Niki Vermeulen, Professor Fiona Henriquez, Lisa Mackenzie, Dr Emilie Combet, and Professor Kathryn Elmer and featuring our Coastal Knowledge project (2pm, 26 August)
- Reforming the UK’s asylum system, featuring YAS member Dylan Fotoohi (3pm, 26 August)
Curious is an opportunity to learn something new, query the way things work and ask questions to some of the world’s leading experts. Each event is free to attend, and the programme runs throughout August. Places are limited, so remember to book your virtual seat in advance!